Saturday, January 17, 2009

Grumpy old man

Well, I'm beginning to feel it. That dark rolling of smoke from behind my head. That feeling that I am further from my true thoughts than I used to be. Is this senility, am I just tired? Is it, um, that disease that starts with an 'a' that hits older people, er , umm, you know, aaa oh yes, um, alzheimers! thats it! phew!

As I approach 50, I can hardly finish sentences in front of crowds (which is part of my job). It's weird, cos I don't feel like I run out of things to say. It's just that I can't get it out.

What is most upsetting is that I even have trouble gathering up a decent conversation with my wife. On some occasions, I cannot complete a

Anyway, jokes aside, perhaps I have to admit it. I have become one of those grumpy old men.

No comments: